IntelliCAD 7.2 Released By IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
- Graphics device performance improved using OpenGL for graphics cards that support it properly. This greatly improves dynamic pan, zoom, redraw, and rotation, especially for large files.
- File size and print time reduced for PDF printing.
- Grip handling, trimming, and extending improved for splines and polylines with very large segment counts (5,000+) due to improved geometric functions for complex curves.
- Divide command performance improved.
- Dynamic display performance improved in large drawing files using new ZOOMDETAIL and DRAGDETAIL system variables.
- Snapping for large drawing files improved.
- Dynamic dragging improved during entity creation and modification in large drawing files.
- Memory consumption reduced for raster images.
- Use entity snap tracking.
- Use new entity snaps: Parallel Snap, From Point, Temporary Tracking Point, and Midpoint Between 2 Points.
- Snap to the center of a polygon (closed polyline).
Working with other files
- Import .dgn files.
- Export Collada format files (.dae files).
- Insert underlays from .pdf, .dgn, and .dwf files.
- Attach MrSID format files (.sid files).
- Specify files and paths for working with IntelliCAD using the new Paths/Files tab interface in the Options dialog box.
- Clip layout viewports.
- Right-click a Layout tab includes From Template.
- IntelliCAD 7.2 uses Teigha version 3.5.1 from the Open Design Alliance (updated from version 3.4.1).
- New (starttransaction) and (endtransaction) LISP functions.
- New SDS functions for working with graphics planes: sds_getviewplanedc, sds_releaseviewplanedc, and sds_cleanplane.
- .NET libraries available to load using the APPLOAD command.
More new features
- Purge unused drawing elements using the new Purge dialog box.
- Find and replace text.
- Use the Notification Manager located in the lower right of the IntelliCAD window to view messages and alerts about drawings and running IntelliCAD.
- Use updated selection filters to better select entities by property, type, proxy, and more.
- Manage layers using utilities at the command line: LAYCUR, LAYDEL, LAYFRZ, LAYISO, LAYLCK, LAYMCH, LAYMCUR, LAYOFF, LAYON, LAYTHW, LAYULCK, LAYUNISO.
New System Variables
- Added BALLOONTIMEOUT, DRAGDETAIL, GRAVITYSNAP, GRIDCOLOR, GRIDPOINSMAX, NOTIFYMANAGER, REGENMODEGLOBAL, REGENONZOOMFACTOR, REGENTOOLTIP, and ZOOMDETAIL.
The following list details some of the 600+ fixes that were implemented since the 7.1 release.
Open and save files
- Fixed .dwg files saved in 2004/2002 format.
- Fixed QSAVE operation after SAVEAS.
- Fixed QSAVE operation with .dxf files.
- Improvements made to drawing recover after a crash.
- Zooming fixed for close-up work with point entities.
- Autoregen fixed for zooming on large coordinates.
- Render issues fixed when copying entities.
- Render command fixed for open polylines.
- Render issue fixed for hatches and images.
- Render command fixed for entities with thickness.
Selection and entity editing
- ORTHO fixed for inserting blocks and stretching with grips.
- Fillet command improved when working with large coordinates.
- Array command fixed when working with a rotated UCS.
- Tangent and perpendicular snap order fixed when working with other snaps.
- Polar tracking fixed with intersection snap.
- Extension snap for arcs fixed to use arc path.
- Offset command fixed for complex polylines and closed polylines.
- Divide command speed improved for splines and polylines.
- Stretch command improved when working with dimensions.
- Fixed issues where hatches were saved incorrectly.
- Fixed application of ICADISO hatch patterns.
- Improved copying of hatch properties.
- Hatch associativity fixed for polylines.
- Improved dimensions when the text gap is large.
- Fixed the landing with leader when dimtad=1.
- Radius and Diametric dimensions improvements when dimtix=1.
- Dimension Update improvements for display.
- Dimension command fixed for blocks.
- Leader text fixed to display correctly in other dimension text.
- -DIMSTYLE Restore fixed.
Text and multiline text
- Text and multiline text improved printing results.
- Text fill fixed for printing of TTF fonts.
- Fixed issues with multiline text and background masks.
- Fixed display in Multiline Text Editor for reported fonts.
- Solid box and solid cylinder creation fixed.
- Improved creation of large cones.
- Improved size of print job files.
- Fixed delay when changing paper size.
- Previous plot option available for page setups in Print dialog box.
- Fixed \"Print without print styles and lineweights.\"
- Various fixes for the print mask.
- Improved memory usage for images.
- Fixed loading issue when image is missing from specified path.
- Fixed detachment issue for deleted images.
- Created new COM method that returns process id.
- Created .NET sample for non-VSTA libraries .
- Returned version of MASSPROP command corrected.
- Fixed the changing of hatch patterns using LISP.
- sds_setview fixed for paper space.
- sds_nentselp fixed for returning entities.
- sds_ssget issue when called from a callback fixed.
- sds_entsel fixed for returning cancel on RMB.
- sds_dispobjs() fixed for blocks.
- Fixed various crash scenarios.
- Polygonal viewports fixed when visualized using file \"Graphic.cfg\".
- Fixed problem detaching erased xrefs.
- Fix for GRIDCOLOR.
- Fix for MASSPROP using the number of an entity in a set.
- Fix for BLIPMODE and working with points.
- Fixed problem when inserting shapes using default parameters.
- CHSPACE command improvements.
- Fixed issue with editing a block inside a block.
- ATTEDIT command displays the names of attributes correctly now.
- OLE fixed to paste images correctly and to open a new drawing when double-clicking paste-clipped entities.
- Copying and pasting proxies fixed.
- HPGAPTOL fixed.
- The linetype definition is not full if create a new linetype based on the current one
- Linetype definition improvements.
- PEDIT command fixed to convert line and arc entities to polylines with correct layers.
- Fixed issue with deleting the last layout of a drawing.
- Fixed Undo option for the Polyline command when Orthomode is turned on.