IntelliCAD 8.0 Released By IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
Working with Files
Open, save, and work with .dwg files of version 2014.
- Work with image files in both IntelliCAD Professional and Standard versions. Additionally, more raster image formats are supported in IntelliCAD Standard.
- Create custom rendering materials and mapping projection planes in both IntelliCAD Professional and Standard versions.
- Import Collada (.dae files).
- Improved support for DGN overlays, Civil3D, ADT, and mechanical object enablers.
- Attach MrSID MG4 compressed raster images.
- IntelliCAD is available in 64-bit in addition to 32-bit.
- Increased cursor speed.
- Improved PDF export performance and reduced resulting file size.
- Improved performance for multiple sessions on multi-core machines.
- Improved Print Preview zoom performance.
- The grid can be drawn as lines or dots, can display beyond the drawing extents, and can be adaptive, which includes automatic resizing and subdivision based on the zoom level.
- The Dynamic Viewpoint command was enhanced to include multiple ways of selecting a point from which to view three-dimensional entities.
- The 3D Orbit command allows you to orbit a drawing, that is, rotate the view. Commands includes Constrained Orbit, Free Orbit, Continuous Orbit, Constrained X Orbit, Constrained Y Orbit, and Constrained Z Orbit.
- Manage layers with layer states.
- Search for layers by name.
- Filter layers.
- Layer properties include Transparency and Viewport Freeze.
- New Layer Tools menu and toolbar.
- Rendering interface redesigned and enhanced.
- Complete rendering features are now available in IntelliCAD Professional and Standard versions.
- IntelliCAD 8.0 uses Teigha version 3.9.1 from the Open Design Alliance.
- IntelliCAD 8.0 uses VBA 7.1.
- Script command execution uses the DDE API.
- New LISP method (protect) to create protected LISP files.
- New LISP method (acad_truecolordlg) supports true color selection. The old method (acad_colordlg) will continue to call up only the index color dialog.
- New SDS method sds_truecolordialog() supports true color selection. The old method sds_colordialog() will continue to call up only the index color dialog.
- New LISP method to convert RGB color string to an index integer (rgbtoindex). This method has an SDS equivalent: sds_rgbtoindex().
- New LISP method to convert RGB color string to an index integer (sds_indextorbg). This method has an SDS equivalent: sds_indextorgb().
- sds_rgbstrtocolorref changed from a string to a long.
More New Features
- CUI menu files supported.
- Many user interface enhancement features, including more efficient menu and toolbar organization, slimming of toolbars to create more drawing space, and more.
- Many improvements to paperspace, such as UCS icon changes, ease in which modelspace viewports are created, and more.
- All color assignments for screen items, such as background color, icon color, etc., can now be made by choosing Tools > Options > Display tab, then clicking Color Scheme.
- New Quick Select command.
- Tip of the Day now displays as an event in the corner of the main window when IntelliCAD starts.
- Improved grip editing for dynamic blocks.
- Image Attach command supports embedded world file data in MrSID image files.
- New PRINTOPTIONS command for easy accessibility to Print Options.
- New XOPEN command to allow quick editing of attached xref files.
- New Draw Order options to quickly push back or bring forward annotation and hatches.
- Enhanced CUSTOMIZE command eases menu and toolbar customization.
- Added or updated: 3DORBITMODE, CUSTOMICONSPATH, EXPLAYERFILTERWIDTH, FACETRES, GRIDCOLORMAJOR, GRIDCOLORMINOR, GRIDDISPLAY, GRIDMAJOR, GRIDMODE, GRIDPOINTSMAX, GRIDSTYLE, LAYERINVERTFILTER, LAYOUTCREATEVIEWPORT (which replaced and deprecated PSPACEMVIEW), LISPPATH, ORBITCOLOR, PRINTTILESIZE, PSICONCOLOR, QSELECTLISTVALUES, TEXLIBPATH, TRIMALLMAXNESTEDBLOCKLEVEL, UITHEME.
- All color-related system variables were changed to support RGB and index color values: APERTURECOLOR, AUDIOICONCOLOR, AUTOTRACKCOLOR, BKGCOLOR, BLIPCOLOR, COLORX, COLORY, COLORZ, DZOOMECOLOR, DZOOMSCOLOR, DZOOMVCOLOR, HIGHLIGHTCOLOR, HYPERLINKICONCOLOR, MODELTOOLTIPCOLOR, MODELTOOLTIPBKGCOLOR,OLEBKGCOLOR, PICKBOXCOLOR, PSPACEBCOLOR, PSPACEMCOLOR, PSPACEPCOLOR, SELCROSSINGAREACOLOR, SELCROSSINGFRAMECOLOR, SELWINDOWAREACOLOR, SELWINDOWFRAMECOLOR, SNAPCOLOR, VIEWPORTLOCKBORDERCOLOR.
The following list details some of the 1100+ fixes that were implemented since the 7.2d release in November 2013.
Open and save files
- Audit command fixed for redundant text entities.
- Several fixes to prevent leftover screen pixels or empty screen portions during zooming and dragging.
- Display of hatches improved.
- Several fixes to cursor display in different scenarios.
- Several fixes for Zoom Extents.
- Several fixes for display issues when zooming in.
- Improvements to 3D solids display.
- Full Render fixed when using with a UCS different from WCS.
Selection and entity editing
- Fixed snapping to 3D solids in blocks.
- Fixed node snapping in xref drawings when PDMODE is non-zero.
- Fixed grip editing for splines created from polylines.
- Polar tracking guides fixed for new drawings.
- Improved speed and accuracy for hatching while using Select Area.
- Fixed calculation of hatch lines enclosed by a circular arc.
- Fixes for calculating hatch areas and boundary hatches in different cases.
- Fixed hatching of visually closed polylines.
- Fixed boundary detection for boundaries off screen.
Text and multiline text
- Fixes for multiline text positioning.
- Several fixes for the Find command.
- Improvements to TrueType Font selection for printing.
- Fixed issue when printed dashed area did not match print preview.
- Fixed ability to set height for AddAttributeDef and AddText methods.
- ColorIndex property fixed.
- Fixed BKGCOLOR type for (fill_image) function.
- Fixed (entupd) and sds_entupd to update modified blocks.
- Fixed (getorient) function.
- (ssget) handles complex filters by application name.
- Fixed ability to toggle wipeout frames for wipeouts that are part of blocks.
- LIST command fixed for vertices of 2D and 3D polylines.
- Flatten command fixed for 3D polylines (converting to 2D polylines) and for misplacing entities on the current layer.
- Shape names from SHX files are no longer case-sensitive.
- RGB colors fixed during PDF Export.
- Offsetting fixed for spline entities.
- Fillet command fixed for polylines with arc segments.
- Fixed MATCHPROP for dimensions and viewports.
- Draw order fixed for copied entities.
- Fixed lineweight \"adjust display scale\".
- Fixed MIRROR3D when using in NWUCS.
- Scale accuracy fixed when inserting an image and using a positioning file.