DWF is a design web format which allows you to view and print the files. DWF viewer is developed by IntelliCAD. It compresses highly rich files, who needs to view, edit or print.
It is the advanced version of the DWF file format. The DWFx runs on XML platform, so we can view or print with XPS viewer and XPS viewer is a free programme which is distributed by windows operating system.
DWF and DWFX files are highly rich files to view or print over the internet. You can read the markups, plot, change your drawings, change markup status and republish to DWF or DWFX for further design.
DWFX files are larger than corresponding DWF file. We mostly use the DWFX file format to share the design data with viewers.
Features of DWF Viewer
ActCAD DWF Composer is built on the same technology as ActCAD DWF Viewer, with the same easy-to-use interface offering real-time pan and zoom, layers, and access to object sheet properties.
DWF viewer is alight weight and it opens highly rich designs. DWF Viewer is smaller and quicker and it is the interface you are familiar with.
Spontaneously navigate sheet sets in the Sheet Set Navigator window. Select from list, bookmark, and markup views to browse a multi sheet sheet set faster and easily view and print on paper.
Jump between sheets and views when hyperlinks are used, to browse a website easily.
Sheet and Object Properties:
Lists sheet properties like sheet name, drawing author, and time-stamp. Object properties like door size, height, and materials. Markup properties which displays reviewer name, status, history, and notes.
Real-Time Pan and Zoom:
Use real-time pan and zoom with Pan Around™ mouse to easily navigate sheets.
Turn layer visibility on or off to see only the design information you need.
What Software uses DWF Viewer?
- ActCAD Viewer
- DWF To PDF.
- DWG to PDF.
- Autocad Viewer.
- Dwf File Viewer.
- Autodesk Dwg Viewer.
- DWG Viewer.
- DXF Viewer.
- Dwf Reader.
How to open a DWF file in ActCAD?
Follow the below steps to open DWF file:
- open ActCAD Software > click on Run as Administrator.
- Click on > open drawing – it will show one dialogue box.
- select file type> .dwf and enter the file name> then click ok.
- it will open the DWF file in ActCAD software.
this is the easy process to open the DWF file for designing or viewing.
In ActCAD there is an inbuilt DWF viewer which is developed by the ActCAD team. we can open any formats DWF file using the ActCAD software.
Advantages of sharing DWF file:
Nowadays for many projects and for team members, DWF viewer is the first choice. DWF file enables industries, and organization to connect with typical designs, project, product and workflows without compromising the accuracy, security, and intent of the original drawing.
Characteristics of DWF Viewer:
- DWF is a plotted file view of a DWG. DWF Viewer can contain entire projects of drawings, especially easy when using ActCAD software to publish a single drawing or sheet set of drawings.
- The free ActCAD DWF viewer will automatically read all past Dwf files.
- DWF Viewer can connect to engineers, industries, suppliers, buyers, architects, and subcontractors to recognize the project, product information.
- In ActCAD DWF is a smaller, compressed native file compared to DWG files.
- DWF files can be generated from ActCAD Products using ActCAD DWF viewer. this can be viewed by a single user.
- DWF file is a read-only secure format.
- DWF is an open file format.
- ActCAD promotes the DWF specification and makes available C++ libraries for any developer who needs to develop the design in DWF file format.
- DWF is based on other industry standards such as XML, ZIP\ZLIB, JPG\PNG.