Portland, Oregon, USA, 22nd December 2017 — The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium announced the release of new IntelliCAD 8.4b engine.
This is another minor release to IntelliCAD 8.4 after previous 8.4 and 8.4a releases.
Improvements in IntelliCAD 8.4b
Below are the highlights of this IntelliCAD 8.4b software release:
- Critical performance fixes to IntelliCAD after Windows® 10 Falls Creators Update.
- Speed and Performance improvements in several areas while handling large drawings.
- Enhanced entity handling (pan, zoom and snap performance) for External References.(Xrefs)
- Better memory management eliminating few minor leaks.
- Implemented a new process for Drawing Creation with templates, added new QNEW command.
- Introduced new German (DEU) Language Interface.
- Improved Simplified Chinese Language Interface.
- Improvements made to Layer management and Locked Layers.
- Enhancements to multi-line Text.
- Improved Hatch (including Gradient) algorithms.
- Improved mouse movement speed in large drawings when a command is active.
- Improvements made to Stretch command.
- Enhancements to Tangent Snap or Perpendicular Snap while drawing a circle in specific cases.
- Fixed issue with snap points when placing the cursor on dimension text.
- For the Array command, issue was fixed when incorrect values are entered.
- Perpendicular snap fixed when snapping to an arc in 3D.
- Locked Layer issues fixed.
- Multi-line Text line space issues resolved.
- Multi-line Text numbered list spacing issues fixed.
- Gradient Hatch Preview improved.
- Issues were fixed with loading and working of custom hatch types.
- Fixed Hatch transparency issues.
- Issues with inherited properties on Hatch Colors are also fixed.
- Added Chamfer Edges and Fillet Edges options to Modify menu Solids Editing group.
- Fixed User Interface issues with Custom Screen Scale.
- Introduced new System Variables CURSOR MODE and ENHERRORHANDLING.
- A changed default value of ANNOAUTOSCALE to -4.
- Fixed issues with VSMIN/VSMAX System Variables.
- Fixed background color for user-defined Hatch Patterns.
- Improvements made to JOIN command.
- Improvements to Hatch patterns and multiple hatch entities property modifications.
- Fixed issues with unloaded file references in ETRANSMIT command.
- Fixed issues with the center mark followed the WCS instead of current UCS.
- Improvements to FIELD command.
- Fixed error when creating 3D Cylinders, Domes, Cones etc. after changing UCS.
- Improvements made to POLYLINE to an added new vertex.
- Fixed issues with OBJECTSCALE.
- Fixed calculation of the bounding box in a rotated UCS.
- Delete option added to Modify Toolbar.
- Fixed Zoom command when called from sds_command.
You can find more details about this release on the IntelliCAD website.
ActCAD 2018 Professional versions will be released shortly with all these enhancements.