IntelliCAD 6.3 was released 2/16/2007.
Work with DWG 2007 files
IntelliCAD supports opening, modifying, printing, and saving drawings in DWG 2007 format. The DWG 2007 format is now the default format in which IntelliCAD drawings are saved.
Create and edit color books
Now you can create and edit color books, which help you organize collections of colors, right from IntelliCAD.
Work with images
IntelliCAD Professional version includes enhanced imaging features to help you work with images in your drawings. Working with images is similar as in previous IntelliCAD versions, with easy-to-use features located on the Image menu in IntelliCAD.
Use new layout viewport features
There are several new features for layout viewports:
- Snap to model space entities from paper space.
- Lock layout viewports to lock the model space view or location while panning or zooming in paper space.
- Assign a unique UCS to a layout viewport.
Manage character sets for drawings
IntelliCAD allows you to manage which character set is assigned to a drawing. This unique feature can be very helpful when sharing or distributing drawings in geographic regions where several languages are used that require different character sets to display text properly.
Reverse the zoom direction of the mouse wheel
Instead of zooming in and out by moving the mouse wheel forward and backward, you can reverse the settings to zoom in when spinning the mouse wheel backward and zoom out when spinning the wheel forward. This can be especially helpful if you use the mouse with your left hand.
Use new and enhanced system variables
New system variables include: 3DDWFPREC, DIMARCSYM, DWGCODEPAGE, IMAGEHLT, RASTERVERNUM, RTDISPLAY, UCSVP, and ZOOMWHEELL.
Enhanced system variables include: DELOBJ, FACETRATIO, HALOGAP, HIDEPRECISION, OBSCUREDCOLOR, OBSCUREDLTYPE, OLEQUALITY, and TEXTEVAL.
New system variables supported for DWG file compatibility: CAMERADISPLAY, CAMERAHEIGHT, CMATERIAL, CSHADOW, DEFAULTLIGHTING, DEFAULTLIGHTINGTYPE, DIMFXL, DIMFXLON, DIMJOGANGLE, DIMLTEX1, DIMLTEX2, DIMLTYPE, DIMTFILL, DIMTFILLCLR, DRAGVS, DWFFRAME, DWFOSNAP, DWGCHECK, GRIDDISPLAY, GRIDMAJOR, INTERFERECOLOR, INTERFEREOBJVS, LATITUDE, LEGACYCTRLPICK, LIGHTGLYPHDISPLAY, LIGHTLISTSTATE, LOFTANG1, LOFTANG2, LOFTMAG1, LOFTMAG2, LOFTNORMALS, LOFTPARAM, LOGNITUDE, NORTHDIRECTION, OSOPTIONS, PERSPECTIVE, PSOLHEIGHT, PSOLWIDTH, PUBLISHALLSHEETS, SHADOWPLANELOCATION, SHOWHIST, SOLIDHIST, STEPSIZE, STEPSPERSEC, SUNSTATUS, TIMEZONE, UCSDETECT, VSBACKGROUNDS, VSEDGEJITTER, VSEDGEOVERHANG, VSEDGES, VSEDGESMOOTH, VSFACECOLORMODE, VSFACEHIGHLIGHT, VSFACEOPACITY, VSFACESTYLE, VSHALOGAP, VSHIDEPRECISION, VSINTERSECTIONCOLOR, VSINTERSECTIONEDGES, VSINTERSECTIONLTYPE, VSISOONTOP, VSLIGHTINQUALITY, VSMATERIALMODE, VSMONOCOLOR, VSOBSCUREDCOLOR, VSOBSCUREDEDGES, VSOBSCUREDLTYPE, VSSHADOWS, VSSILHEDGES, and VSSILHWIDTH.
- Improved performance and reduced screen flickers while using dynamic zoom and pan in paper space.
- Raster image performance has been improved greatly for both large image files and many other image files.
- A large memory leak with handling complex meshes was removed.
Open and save files
- IntelliCAD uses the new DWGdirect 2.2 libraries.
- When opening drawings, external references now display properly in the drawing preview.
- Several improvements were made to auditing and recovering corrupt drawing files.
- When exporting a drawing to a PDF file, paper size enhancements allow you to select from a list of standard paper sizes, specify a custom size, and choose millimeters or inches for the paper size.
- When exporting a drawing to a PDF file, the drawing is now centered properly and exports to the correct size and units.
Raster images (IntelliCAD Professional versions)
- Some raster image types would lose their paths after saving or reloading; this has been fixed.
- RTDISPLAY is now supported for raster images.
- The 280 group code for an image entity now roundtrips properly.
- The Image command is now disabled when no drawing is active.
- The Image dialog box settings are no longer lost when switching between active images in the list box.
- Previewing images is faster for very large image files.
- Mirrored images properly display in the Image Manager.
COM API calls (IntelliCAD Professional versions)
- Adeko raster images can now be inserted via the COM API.
- You can now properly iterate, rename, and delete layouts via the COM API.
- The COM API now checks that layout names are using valid characters.
- You can no longer open the VBA IDE when no drawing is active.
- Text created with the COM API now respects the width and other properties associated with the text style.
- The Boolean UNION COM API interface now properly deletes original input entities.
- When a corrupt file is opened via the COM API, an exception is thrown to indicate a problem.
- The objects, properties, and events in the following table have been updated or added to the COM application program interface.
- The DIMOVERRIDE command now works properly via the LISP (command) function.
- IntelliCAD no longer intermittently crashes when editing MTEXT.
- The -STYLE command properly handles style names that contain spaces.
- IntelliCAD no longer intermittently crashes when using the Text toolbar to change text styles.
- Print preview of mirrored text is now correct when MIRRTEXT is 0.
- IntelliCAD versions built with Visual Studio 2003 could hang when exiting the Print Preview command; this has been fixed.
- Entities with the property BYBLOCK (but not contained in blocks) are printed properly.
- The default lineweight for print style tables is now set to Use Entity Lineweight.
- The Print and Print Preview commands now support wipeout frames.
- In some cases attributes did not properly appear in the Print Preview window; this has been fixed.
Blocks and external references
- The External Reference command now remembers the previous path specified.
- Some nested blocks and external references did not display properly when SORTENTS was enabled; this has been fixed.
- Block entities now support the LWDEFAULT value correctly.
- In some cases IntelliCAD would crash when using COPYCLIP on external reference entities; this has been fixed.
- In some cases IntelliCAD would crash when using WBLOCK on external reference or block entities; this has been fixed.
- The Insert command now defaults to search a block's path specified in the Options dialog box on the Paths tab.
- You can now snap to entities in model space from paper space.
- The Plan command now works properly with layout viewports (MVIEWs).
- In some cases IntelliCAD would display the wrong layout viewport when multiple layout viewports were active; this has been fixed.
- In some cases a corrupt layout viewport could be created when viewport entities were deleted; this has been fixed.
- Dimensions in layout viewports that snap to model space geometry no longer lose associativity upon UPDATE.
- Improvements were made to draworder for blocks, external references, hatching, and text.
- Wipeout entities properly support draworder.
- The Tangent-Tangent-Tangent option is now available for circle creation.
- The Tangent Snap cursor is properly displayed while creating a circle using the Radius-Tangent-Tangent option.
- Tolerance plus and minus symbols and diameter symbols now display correctly in Japanese versions of IntelliCAD.
- On some displays the layer control on the Properties toolbar could react to clicks outside of the control; this has been fixed.\
- OLE objects display correctly when WBLOCKed to a new drawing file.
- Selection for overlapping block entities has been improved.
- OLE objects can now be selected with a crossing window.
- Using Shift+click to select entities for editing in the Properties dialog box no longer intermittently disables selection until IntelliCAD is restarted.
- You can now properly press Tab to cycle through entity snaps.
- IntelliCAD no longer intermittently goes into an infinite loop when trying to snap to complex NURBS curves.
- You can now create a CFrameWnd window from an SDS DLL when building with Visual Studio 2003.
- IntelliCAD no longer crashes during the cancellation of a Text Style or Dimension Style in the IntelliCAD Explorer.
- Localization problems with the Linetype toolbar control have been resolved.
- Scrolling on the status bar layer control has been enabled.
- The Fillet command works properly on lines with different linetypes.
- The OK button in the Boundary dialog box is properly enabled.
- Exploding a block or region with varying positive and negative scale factors no longer causes arc segments inside the block to lose their proper starting and ending angles.
- The PASTECLIP command now allows you to specify an insertion point.
- Some alerts and message boxes were not proper child windows of IntelliCAD, which were causing some contextual problems; this has been fixed.
- Some entities could lose extended entity data during mirror and copy operations; this has been fixed.
- Using the Offset command on self intersecting polylines produces improved results.
- Grip editing of certain entities now properly updates extended entity 3D coordinate data (group codes 1011, 1021, 1031).
- ATTDEF entities now properly keep their alignment during roundtrip.
- IntelliCAD works properly now when using the BHATCH command and a specified hatch pattern does not exist.
- The command bar can now accept and display multi-byte characters.
- The OBSCUREDCOLOR and OBSCUREDLTYPE system variables now roundtrip properly.
- Several enhancement were made to improve user profiles.
- RTPAN now works properly in paperspace when RTSKIPCOUNT is set to a value other than 0.
- WBLOCK now properly supports wipeout entities.
- Reloading the same linetype several times no longer causes an infinite loop.
- The prompt box now displays for the main Line, Circle, Arc, and Polygon commands when they are activated from the toolbar.
Working with DWG 2007 files
The DWGCHECK feature in AutoCAD 2007 can cause a message to appear when a user opens IntelliCAD files in AutoCAD 2007. The message states that the file to be opened was created with an application other than AutoCAD.
Hiding 3D geometry in layout viewports
In some instances, 3D geometry is not hidden correctly when using the Hide command in layout viewports (the display may be distorted). Before using the Hide command, set the UCSs on the Model and Layout tabs to World so that the results of the Hide command are correct.
Overriding dimension arrowheads
Dimensions created in Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2007 that have dimension style overrides for arrowhead variables dimblk, dimblk1, dimblk2, or dimldrblk can lose the overrides if edited in IntelliCAD.
SDS DLLs built with earlier versions of IntelliCAD are not binary compatible with IntelliCAD 6.3. You will need to rebuild your SDS applications using the IntelliCAD 6.3 sds.lib and sds.h files.
Certain command names removed
The following command names are obsolete and have been removed from IntelliCAD: REDIT, RASTERIN, -RASTERIN, and RCLIP. Their corresponding command names are: IMAGE, IMAGEATTACH, -IMAGEATTACH, and IMAGECLIP.