IntelliCAD 8.2 Released By IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
Working with files
- Export to a 3D .pdf file.
Export to a 2D .pdf file now includes new compression modes, image clipping, and gradient hatches.
For .pdf, .dwg, and .dgn underlays, new support includes monochrome, fade, background color adjust, show, and show clipped properties.
Export to a .bmp file now supports visual styles.
Some versions of IntelliCAD include the ability to open, save, create, and edit .dgn files.
- Increased performance when working with many external references.
- Increased performance for PDF creation and reduction of resulting .pdf file size.
- Increased selection performance in drawings with complex blocks.
- Improved pan and zoom speed for very large drawing files.
- New CACHEFILES will externally cache layout data to enhance layout switching performance and memory usage.
- New multiline text editor allows you to edit multiline text in place. However, not all multiline text features are implemented in the new editor. To switch to the older dialog box version of the multiline text editor, set the MTEXTED system variable to \"oldeditor\".
- New Field command allows you to create a field as multiline text.
Working with entities
- New dialog box for the REFEDIT command and new -REFEDIT command.
- New dialog box for the ARRAY command and new -ARRAY command.
- New TEXTTOFRONT command moves text, dimensions, and leaders to the front of other entities.
Viewing and rendering drawings
- Users who previously used Ctrl + Left mouse click and drag to orbit the drawing should now use Shift + Middle mouse (or wheel) click and drag to orbit. Ctrl + Left mouse click and drag now supports the standard Windows copy selected entities feature. Simply Ctrl + Left mouse click and drag a selection to make a copy.
- New integration with Artisan Renderer for some versions of IntelliCAD allows you to create a photorealistic image of your model quickly using a wide range of pre-set materials and lighting setups combined with the ability to create custom lights and realistic materials.
- New commands VPMAX and VPMIN allow you to maximize and minimize viewports.
- The Properties pane now supports more entities and additional properties, such as light entities and light properties, material properties, etc.
- For IntelliCAD versions that include a ribbon, the ribbon now includes context sensitive menus, menu groups, panel expanders, CUI versioning support, ability to show/hide panels and tabs, and can be customized using the CUSTOMIZE command.
- Entity snapping for underlays are now accessible using the Options command.
- New BCOUNT command counts the number of blocks in a selection set.
- New IMAGEFRAMEMODE command controls whether image frames are visible and printed.
- New command line version commands: -MENU and -MENULOAD.
- IntelliCAD 8.1 uses Teigha version 4.1.1 from the Open Design Alliance.
- Updated .NET API with new functions.
- .NET plugins can now be autoloaded.
- Many new LISP functions.
- Added or updated: ARTISANLICENSE, AUDIONOTETOOLTIP, BLOCKCACHE, CACHEFILES, CACHEMAXFILES, CACHEMAXTOTALSIZE, DGNOSNAP, DRAWINGTYPE, DTEXTED, DWFOSNAP, HYPERLINKBASE, LAYLOCKFADECTL, ORBITPREVIEWDELAY, PDFOSNAP, RENDERPLANARENTS, SHOWGRIPMENUS, SKETCHMODE, UNDERLAYFADEDEFAULT, WNDCUSDLGPOS, WNDCUSDLGSIZE, WSAUTOSAVE, XDWGFADECTL, XFADECTL.
- Removed: AUDIONOTE, CTRLMOUSE, and HYPERLINKICON.
The following list details some of the 850+ fixes that were implemented since the 8.1b release on 10/14/2015.
Working with files
- Fixed incorrect deleting of 3D solids when auditing files.
- Fix for exporting a file that contains large images to PDF.
- Several fixes for 3D orbiting.
- Polar tracking fixed when rotating the view and UCS.
- Fix for exploding 3D solids and meshes.
- Fix for stretching thick lines.
- Fixes for offsetting entities, including specific issues with offsetting polylines.
- Fixed incorrect snap being detected when using certain combination of snaps.
- Fixed Parallel snap not being detected in some cases.
- Fixed selection after grip dragging and using a snap typed in the command line.
- Fixed incorrect printing of borders for wipeouts and raster images.
- Fixed issue when printing to a file or a .pc3 file and applying print settings to a layout.
- Fixed issue with $DATE$ in print stamps.
- Fixed units issue when printing to legal size on specific printers.
- Several fixes for the Publish command.
- VBA: Fixed creation of .bmp files, fix for getting EntityType of an external reference.
- SDS function fixes for sds_command, and sds_draggen.
- Many fixes in the Customize dialog box.
- Several fixes for annotative entities.
- Several fixes for the HYPERLINK command.
- Several fixes for working with images, including a fix for changing the scale of an image using the ENTPROP command.
- Fix for matching properties of leaders.
- Ribbon and toolbars now support .png images.
- Fade property can now be set for underlays, blocks, and locked layers.
- Several fixes for Tip of the Day.
- Fix for BROWSER command.
- Fixed display of nested external references in the Xref Manager.
- Fixed prompts for the REVCLOUD command.
- Fix for displaying Chinese text.
- Several fixes for grip editing, including the grip option \"Convert to arc\", grips for polylines, and grips for dynamic blocks.
- Fixed issue when creating a polar array using a region.
- Fixes for Select All command.