ActCAD Legal Information
ActCAD hereby declares that all of our software products and technologies are 100% genuine & legal. All the source codes are developed either by us or our Technology Partners without infringing on copyrights of any third-party companies or agencies.
Below are some important things to know about DWG file specification:
- Learn about the history of DWG file formats here (Wikipedia article on .dwg files).
- File extensions cannot be patented or trademarked. Read this article.
- DWG File specifications are openly published by ODA on their portal. ActCAD is based on IntelliCAD Techology which is based on ODA Libraries ability to read and write DWG and DXF files.
- ActCAD is developed using the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium (ITC) CAD engine, which is a USA based member-driven, non-profit organization. Read more about IntelliCAD here.
- ActCAD is not a substitute for any other CAD software. It is an independent, general purpose, DWG and DXF creation and editing software
- Saving previously corrupted or counterfeit drawing files in ActCAD will not help. ActCAD is not responsible for the handling or processing of any unauthorized or illegal drawings in ActCAD. The ActCAD user is solely responsible.
- ActCAD does not have any copyrights on DWG and DXF names or file specifications. They belong to respective copyright owners.
- ActCAD has no association with Autodesk® or its Affiliates.
- Buying ActCAD is not a solution if you are in legal dispute with any other company.
ActCAD users must agree to the License Terms included with the software. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before installing ActCAD. Any violation of terms and conditions may result in permanent blockage of your licenses without any notice. One license must be used only in one computer at any given point of time.
ActCAD is registered Trademark of ActCAD LLC, USA. All Rights Reserved.
All other trademarks, trade names or company names referenced herein are used for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective owners.
DWG is the native and proprietary file format for AutoCAD® and a trademark of Autodesk, Inc. ActCAD is not associated with Autodesk or any of its subsidiaries.